WHO ARE WE?
OUR PRIVACY PROMISE
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
As is the case with many large and high profile organisations, communications by telephone may be recorded for the purposes of monitoring our customer service standards, training and for security purposes.
Harrods Bank Limited is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to:
- Process and complete your requests and/or applications for products and/or services and communicate with you about our products and/or services.
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details (including your credit/debit card information) for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- Update our records and maintain your account with us.
- Recommend offers for products and/or services that may be of interest to you, unless you have advised us that you do not wish to receive such information.
- Administer the website services, including processing any searches or requests for information about our products or services.
- Monitor, review and improve the content and appearance of our website or catalogues, to ensure that content from our website and our catalogues are presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Maintain and develop our business systems, including without limitation, testing and upgrading them.
- Comply with our legal requirements.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Administering offers, competitions and promotions.
- For any other specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
If you have indicated that you would like us to, we may also pass your information onto carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products and services which may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) [if you have consented to this or we have previously contacted you in this way.]
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please advise us on the form on which we collect your data where specified.
We may collect your information:
- When you apply for our products or services.
- To operate your account and administer any other products or services we provide to you.
- When you subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us.
- When you ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint.
- When you complete any surveys that we have provided to you for research purposes.
- When you take part in a competition, prize draw or survey.
- Which you provide when filling in forms on our website for transactional, employment or any other purposes.
- When you visit, use or browse our website or other Harrods Group websites.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may also collect information about you from other organisations where appropriate. These include credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 ("Harrods Group"), which includes Harrods Limited. We may also disclose your personal information:
- To our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, agents, and business partners who help us administer the products and services we offer to you, including this website.
- To organisations or agencies which provide services to us, such as promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies.
- To anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us or the Harrods Group, where your personal information is processed and/or stored.
- To our professional advisers
- Where you have otherwise consented or requested that we do so.
- To follow an order of a court or other such authority.
- As otherwise required or authorised by law.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal details held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- For the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Please be aware that credit reference and fraud prevention agencies may share your personal information with other organisations (including lenders and insurance companies) who will use your personal information for credit and insurance assessments (including making decisions about handling claims in connection with all types of insurance), for debt tracing, and to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies may also use your personal information for statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud. Please also note that credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will keep a record of our search which may be used by others to make decisions about you and members of your household and for other purposes set out in this clause. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, this will be recorded.
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers they use. This technology does not personally identify you - it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use cookie technology on our website.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive, mobile phone or other device.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and features offered through our website may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
1. STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. They are deleted when you close the browser.
2. PERFORMANCE COOKIES
These cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our website. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it.
We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website and to improve the service we offer to you. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the internet. Your IP address might also be used to gather broad demographic information.
We may perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e. aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics.
Information from these types of cookies and technologies or about website usage is not combined with information about you from any other source.
None of the cookies or technologies that we use will personally identify you.
To comply with current legislation, we need to ask for your consent to set the performance cookies described above. When you arrive on our Website a banner will appear asking for your consent to place performance cookies on your device. In order to provide your consent, please click 'continue'. Once your consent has been provided, this message will not appear again when you revisit. If you, or another user of your computer, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org
Keeping in Touch with Harrods Bank and Your Rights
We want to keep you up to date with information about new products and services, special offers and improvements to this site. If you decide you do not wish to be contacted by us for these purposes, you can request that we stop using your information and that we stop communicating such information to you, by writing to the Customer Relationship Team, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, at Customer Relationship Team, Harrods Bank Ltd, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, SW1X 7XL or by emailing us on email@example.com
and informing us so.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, each email we send contains a simple, automated way for you to request that we stop. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email or please call our Customer Care Team who will be more than happy to help you. You may continue to receive mailings which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your request is being processed.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Security of our website is of utmost importance to us. Our website uses software to provide high level SSL encryption technology. There are two simple ways to check if a page on our website is secure; firstly a small padlock sign will appear in the bottom bar of your browser and the 'http' will be replaced with 'https' at the front of harrods.com in the browser address window. Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot make absolute guarantees over the security of the information you provide over the internet and as such we cannot be held responsible for it.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Please note that email correspondence is free format text and cannot be encrypted, therefore it is not a secure means of communication.
We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details, if we need any information of this nature we will only contact you by telephone.
Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Security and Privacy are welcomed and should be addressed to Customer Relationship Team, quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry, at Customer Relationship Team, Harrods Bank, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, SW1X 7XL or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org