An account which enables parents, grandparents and guardians to build up savings for a child, with attractive rates of interest. The account remains in the name of the adult until the child's sixteenth birthday.
OPEN AN ACCOUNT
- Our Children's Savings Account gives parents, grandparents, guardians (or other suitably connected adults) a vehicle with which to build up a savings nest egg for the future of a child
- The account is opened in the name of the adult (with the child's name associated with it), and moves into the child's own name on her or his sixteenth birthday
- The account requires a minimum opening deposit of only £500, and may be opened at any time from the child's birth
- 35 day notice is required to make withdrawals, for which no fee is charged
- Interest is posted to the account monthly and statements are issued quarterly
- The child associated with the account must be between 0-16 years of age at the time the account is opened
DOWNLOAD A POSTAL APPLICATION FORM
Contact us to apply
To see a summary of all our personal accounts with the key product facts please click here
1 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year. This allows you to compare easily what return you can expect from your savings over time.
2 The Gross Rate is the rate of interest you would receive on a savings account before the deduction of Basic Rate Tax.