The website www.harrodsbank.co.uk
(“Website”) is the official site of Harrods Bank Limited.
References in these Terms to “we” and “us” are to Harrods Bank Limited.
PILLAR 3 DISCLOSURE
- These Terms govern the use of the Website. By accessing this Website you agree that these Terms will apply to your use of the Website.
- We may change these Terms at any time without notice by posting the changes on the Website, as long as such changes do not unfairly affect you. Please check and read these Terms regularly. By continuing to use this Website after any such change, you will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms as amended.
- These Terms are governed by English law and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. We will try and solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do this within the United Kingdom.
- ACCESS AND PERMITTED USE
- This Website is not intended for use by persons or organisations in territories that prohibit the promotion or provision of any of the products or services featured on this Website. We only provide services or products in territories where and when they may be lawfully offered. Should you access information on this Website, it is your responsibility to comply with the applicable local, national or international laws and any use of this Website outside the UK is entirely at your own risk.
- You may access and use the Website for your personal use only. For this purpose you may view, print, copy, download or temporarily store extracts from this Website, provided that you retain all copyright and proprietary notices.
- Any other use of the Website that is not explicitly authorised by these Terms is forbidden.
For example, you may not use this Website or any of its contents:
- for commercial purposes;
- for resale purposes including the systematic extraction and/or re-use of any part of the contents of this Website (for example products, services and descriptions);
- to download (other than page caching) or modify the Website, or any portion of it;
- to interfere with or disrupt any network or website connected to this Website or gain unauthorised access to other computer systems;
- to interfere with the enjoyment or use of the Website by any other person; or
- for any purpose which is unlawful.
- In addition you may not, in relation to this Website, use any:
- data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- framing techniques to enclose the trade marks, logos and other proprietary images, text layouts and formats which we use on the Website; or
- meta tags or any other “hidden text” which uses our name or trade marks.
- In the event that you place viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other materials which is malicious or technologically harmful on to this Website on purpose, your right to use this Website will end immediately.
- You must not transmit through or to this Website any defamatory, threatening, obscene, distressing, harmful, pornographic or other material or information that is offensive or may be contrary to public decency, or material which may infringe the rights of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy), which does not comply with all relevant laws or which may harm our reputation or the reputation of any company related to Harrods Limited.
- This Website may not be linked with any other website and no part of this Website (including without limitation, any of the trade marks, designs, get up and/or logos contained within it) may be used on any other website, without our prior written permission. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to remove or cease making any such link to this Website immediately upon our request. You may not frame any part of the Website material by including advertising or other revenue-generating material.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at 020 7225 6789.
- NO ADVICE
- The contents of this Website are not intended to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this Website shall be considered to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way.
- Internet communications are not secure against interception, modification or forgery. We therefore cannot guarantee that any internet communication is secure, and do not accept any liability for the information you provide to us over the internet.
- Email correspondence is free format text and cannot be encrypted. This means that email correspondence is not a secure means of communication. We therefore cannot accept instructions relating to financial transactions by email and may require written or verbal confirmation of any other communication received.
- We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details. You should never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- This Website and its content, including without limitation, all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, data compilations and software used in connection with this Website, is our property (or that of our third-party content suppliers) and is protected by copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights.
- Any products, services, processes or technology described in this Website may be protected by intellectual property rights we or our licensors may own. Nothing contained in these Terms shall be interpreted as giving you (either expressly or by implication), any license or right under copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right of us or any third party. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are retained by us.
- You confirm that any ideas, suggestions or comments that you provide to us through this Website belong to you and do not infringe anyone else’s intellectual property rights or confidential information. You agree that any such ideas, suggestions or comments you provide to us through this Website will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. Such ideas, suggestions and comments will become our exclusive property and may be used by us in whole or in part in any manner without notice or compensation to you.
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any content posted or uploaded by you to this Website constitutes a violation of such party’s intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy or otherwise constitutes a breach of any applicable law.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND MATERIALS
- This Website may include links to other websites which are hosted and maintained by third parties (“Third Party Site(s)”). Third Party Site(s) have not been prepared by us and are not controlled by us. The links are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that we review, endorse, approve or agree with the Third Party Site(s). You link to such Third Party Site(s) at your own risk.
- EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
- We do not exclude or limit our liability or the liability of any other person for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our or their negligence. We further do not exclude or limit our duties or liability to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 or the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- Except as set out in clause 7.1 of these Terms, the following clauses apply, as far as the law permits, to our exclusion or limitation of any legal liability in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise:
- The information on this Website about our products and services is preliminary and general information only, and has not been prepared by taking into account the particular objectives, situation, needs or requirements of any individual user. Although we have taken all reasonable care to make the information on this Website concise, accurate and easy to use, we give no warranties of any kind (whether express or implied) that the information on this Website is accurate, complete, or up to date when you access it. We will have no liability to you if such information is not accurate, complete, or up to date when you access it.
- Nothing on this Website constitutes or should be construed as an offer or recommendation to enter into any transaction or relationship with you, or an invitation to you to subscribe for any products or services on this Website, nor does it purport to give or provide any financial, investment, legal, tax, professional or other advice and no such advice is given. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision. We disclaim all liability arising from any reliance that you or any third party places on the information on this Website.
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website or any part of it, with or without notice, at any time and we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website. We disclaim all liability arising from any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website.
- We do not endorse and information about our products and services that is provided by any third party. We disclaim all liability arising from any reliance that you or any third party places on such information.
- We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in this Website, material downloaded from this Website, any of the functions of the Website and the server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. We do not represent or warrant that the use of this Website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, including but not limited to loss of data computer virus infection. The Website is provided “as is”.
- We will not be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use, misuse or inability to use this Website, including (without limitation) direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, expenses or losses of whatever nature including damage to software or hardware, loss of data, damage for loss of business, loss of profits, or any other indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with your use of this website.
- You shall be responsible for any losses, expenses or other costs that we incur arising out or in connection with any breach of these Terms by you.
- We may terminate your use of this Website immediately if we consider that you have breached these Terms.
- INTERNET MONITORING
To maintain security of our systems, protect our staff and detect fraud and other crimes, we reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and e-mail traffic, into and out of our domains. Such monitoring includes, but is not limited to, checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity and use or content which breaches our internal policies. We also reserve the right not to deliver any communication that breaches our internal policies.
- DATA PROTECTION POLICY
- REGULATORY INFORMATION
- Our contact details are as follows:
Harrods Bank Limited
Registered address: 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7XL
Registered in England & Wales
Company number: 0955491
- We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No.: 204479).
- If you have a dispute that cannot be resolved through our internal complaints procedure, you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Their contact details are as follows:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Harbour Exchange Square
Tel: 0300 123 9123 or 0800 023 4567
Email at: email@example.com
- Important information about compensation arrangements
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors - including most individuals, companies and small local authorities (such as parish councils) - are covered by the scheme. Larger companies are generally excluded.
For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please see our Information Leaflet, refer to the FSCS website www.FSCS.org.uk or call 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100
- Our current accounts, loans, overdrafts and mortgages are available only to persons aged 18 or above, and are subject to your status and our current terms and conditions for such products and services.
A request for a copy of the Bank's Pillar 3 Disclosure should be made to the Bank's Chief Finance Officer, Harrods Bank Ltd, 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7XL
These Terms govern the use of the Website. By accessing this Website you agree that these Terms will apply to your use of the Website.