The service is available for items of gold purchased directly from Harrods Bank. i.e. this offer does not apply to:
• Any item NOT purchased directly from Harrods Bank, even if it is a bar or coin from our refiner Produits Artistiques Métaux Précieux (PAMP) that the Bank holds in stock.
• Any seller other than the person our records show as being the original purchaser stated on the original invoice (exceptions include spouses and deceased estates).
The process is as follows:
• You will need to present us with your items at the Harrods Safe Deposit service in the Harrods Store, together with acceptable identification, your original purchase invoice and an original bank statement or utility bill to provide proof of address. Please note the statement or bill should not be more than 3 months old.
• Harrods Safe Deposit will inspect these and give you a non-binding, indicative quote to buy-back the items.
• Items will usually need to be sent away to PAMP in Switzerland for authentication prior to buy-back. Please allow 10 days for this process.
• If you would like to proceed and have given us a firm instruction to buy back your precious metal, Harrods Safe Deposit will execute the transaction on your behalf.
• This is a confirmed deal and you are therefore obliged to accept the price obtained.
• Harrods Safe Deposit will process the transaction and transfer the funds into your bank account within 3 days upon receipt of authentication being confirmed by PAMP.
• You will receive a confirmation receipt quoting full details of the transaction.