WHO CAN CERTIFY MY IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTATION?
Where copies are provided these must be clear photocopies and must be certified by one of the following independent professional persons, who should be registered with a relevant UK authority:
- Legal professional (A Judge, Solicitor, Lawyer or Barrister registered in England & Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland)
- Qualified Accountant (registered with either ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA)
- Medical professional (Doctor registered with the General Medical Council, Dentist registered with Register of General Dental Professionals)
- Social Worker (Person registered with the Health and Care Professions Council)
- Bank / Building Society Official (Requires official bank stamp with sort-code)
- Post Office Official (Person authorised under the Post Office Document Certification Service)
- Approved Person with UK Financial Services Firm (Person listed on the Financial Conduct Authority Register)
- Member of Parliament
Please note that we cannot accept certification by a close family member or acquaintance (e.g. cohabitant).
Our banking team, in our branch in Harrods, will also be delighted to certify your documentation too
EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST OF ACCEPTABLE CERTIFIERS WANTS TO CHARGE ME FOR CERTIFYING MY DOCUMENTS – IS THERE A WAY AROUND THIS? CAN I SEND YOU THE ORIGINALS?
We do need to have certified documentation. If you send originals to the Bank, we will be unable to verify that the photo documentation is a true likeness to you without you being present. We would advise you to approach your local branch where you hold your current account, which should be able to certify your documentation without charge. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept an application without appropriate certified documentation.
WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT CERTIFICATION FORM?